The Deputy Chief Executive of The Council is authorised to issue all decisions for Planning Applications (as defined below) except those applications which are of a major or significant nature (as defined below) subject to the right of the local Member - in relation to their own or adjoining ward - and Chairman of Planning Committee by joint agreement (not for any other Members) to have an application referred instead to Committee. The Member request for call in shall be in writing to the Planning Manager within 23 days from issue of notice of receipt of the application to all Members, which will be through the existing weekly lists; the request only to have effect if it contains proper planning reasons for consideration by Committee.
Planning applications for the purposes of these delegations include applications, notifications or consultations in connection with the following:
- applications for or in connection with planning permissions (including those for amendments)
- advertisement consents
- listed building and conservation area consents
- overhead power lines
- applications or notifications from public authorities
- agricultural notifications
- minor amendments
- variation or removal of conditions
Major applications will be defined as those proposals for
- 10 or more dwellings
- residential development on sites of 0.5 hectares or more
- the provision of a building or buildings where the floor space to be created by the development is 1,000 square metres or more
- development carried out on a site having an area of one hectare or more.
Significant applications will include those which The Council may wish to approve which are contrary to policy, those which in the opinion of the Planning Manager and Planning Committee Chairman are of particular sensitivity locally, applications submitted by the District Council and all applications by Members of Officers of the Council (where the Planning Manager is aware that the application is by or on behalf of a Member or Officer)
All other planning delegations to remain as existing within the new constitution.