Your Voice in Breckland
We are an independent group who organise quarterly meetings that are open to professionals and members of the public with the purpose of sharing information, raising matters of concern and being a voice for Breckland's older people, their families, friends and carers.
We are affiliated to the Norfolk Older People's Strategic Partnership (NOPSP) and work closely with Breckland Council and Norfolk County Council on a number of projects.
Members of our small volunteer committee work hard to attend key meetings and work closely with Breckland Council, agencies and stakeholders to ensure that Breckland's older people are represented and have a voice in the provision of services which impact on their lives.
Our meetings are open to everyone and over the years we have had some interesting speakers from different organisations covering a wide range of subjects that impact on the lives of older people. The meetings provide an opportunity to gain information, make contacts and ask questions.
Regular Newsletters containing a wealth of information are sent to our large list of members following our meetings, and anyone is welcome to join our members data base. All newsletters and notifications can also be found on Breckland Council's website.
We are looking for new people to join our friendly committee.
If you have an interest in the care and wellbeing of older people, can spare a couple of hours a month, have IT skills, ideas, enthusiasm and enjoy meeting interesting people - then we'd love to hear from you.
For more information, please email Christine Goddard, Chairman, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our meetings are open to everyone, friends, families and carers are always welcome to join us - age is no barrier
Local Event Information
- Age UK Norfolk - They provide free information and advice to help you on topics as diverse as claiming benefits to care homes
- Daisy Programme - Supporting survivors of Domestic Abuse whether you are still in the relationship or not. They support both men and women
- Norfolk County Council Trading Standards - Information on reporting a problem with a trader or product, scams and consumer general advice
- The Silver Social - The Silver Social is an exciting programme in the heart of Norfolk, aimed at bringing arts to older people in rural communities
- Citizens Advice - Online free advice from Citizens Advice to help you find a way forward, whatever the problem
- Norfolk County Council Care Homes - Information on care homes in Norfolk
- Dereham Meeting Point - A place to meet for people over 55 and those with a disability
- Better Together - Combatting Loneliness and Social Isolation in Norfolk
- Norwich 'City of Wellbeing' - Places in Norwich that can lend a listening ear to people experiencing emotional distress
- Grants of up to £10,000 are available to support projects that aim to improve the wellbeing of older people in Norfolk by helping them stay connected with their local community
- Information on grants available for your home including Warm Homes Fund can befound on the Breckland website.
Are you ready for Winter?
Severe weather can affect parts of Norfolk in different ways, and at different times of the year.
Breckland Council have prepared advice to help you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy in winter.
For emergency closures and information on what to do during wintery weatherplease see the Winter Weather Emergency Updates page.
Information on how to prepare you and your home for winter including driving advicecan be viewed on the Breckland website.
Last updated: 17/12/2019 11:20:52