General domestic noise e.g. children playing/vacuuming

  • General living noise - 'General living' includes noise such as vacuuming, walking around, doors opening/closing, general conversations etc
  • Children playing noise - Play is an essential part of every child's life and vital for the enjoyment of childhood as well as their health, wellbeing and development. Although some types of behaviour can be annoying, children playing in the street or communal areas is not antisocial behaviour
  • Baby crying - If you have concerns about the welfare of a child, please contact Norfolk County Council's social services safeguarding team on 0344 800 8020 orreport any concerns online. If you feel a child is at risk of immediate harm, call the police on 999

We can investigate complaints about noise from a neighbour. In most cases, you should approach your neighbour directly about the matter to try to resolve the problem informally.

You may however find a direct approach difficult, or you may choose to make the matter more formal by completing ouronline form.

Once you have reported it to us we will write to your neighbour to make them aware that we have received a complaint and you will be asked to complete monitoring forms to record when and how the noise is affecting you. Depending on what the monitoring forms show, we may install noise monitoring equipment in your property or we may visit to assess the noise ourselves.

If your complaint is about a Housing Association tenant, you should report the matter to their Housing Officer. The Housing Association will take the lead on investigating the complaint, but we will work with them to try to resolve the issue. Contact details of Housing Association in Breckland area.

Last updated: 09/11/2020 07:45:35