Shop Front Improvement Scheme - Terms & Conditions
The agreement is between Breckland Council and the applicant(s) as named in the offer letter.
Businesses/organisations accepting grant offers from the Shop Front Improvement Scheme will be required to abide by and agree to the following terms and conditions:
General terms and conditions
The approval or refusal of a grant is at the absolute discretion of Breckland Council.
Grants will not be given for expenditure incurred prior to the 1 January 2021
- The grant is not payable to an undischarged bankrupt.
- The grant must be used for the purpose intended as outlined in the Grant Offer letter. (This will be supported by producing original invoices for the grant claim).
- In the case of tenants, payment of the grant requires the building owner's approval.
- If the business/organisation ceases trading/operating within 12 months of the payment of the grant or the building is sold, the applicant must notify Breckland Council within 14 days and in such circumstances the Council may require the applicant(s) to repay, in whole or part of the grant paid.
- The grant must not be used for improvements to residential property, cleaning of buildings for purely cosmetic purposes, structural repairs including re-roofing, internal repairs and alterations, external security features, CCTV systems or recoverable VAT.
- If at any point the organisation/business becomes VAT registered, the applicant must inform Breckland Council and discuss repayment of VAT expenses claimed.
- The grant will only be paid to proposals which have been granted planning permission. Nothing in the agreement or negotiation of the grant will affect the Breckland Council's decision over planning permission. An offer of agreement in principle will be made until planning permission has been granted. Only than may a Grant Offer letter be issued and works commence.
- The applicant must inform Breckland Council of any changes to the business or changes of business address and telephone number.
- The grant is made on the condition that the property will be maintained to a satisfactory standard for a minimum of three years, or the term of the lease, whichever is the shorter.
- Any grant must be taken up within the period stated in the Grant Offer Letter unless a prior arrangement is made.
- Payment will be made in arrears upon the production of the grant claim form along with supporting documentation (such as copy invoices).
- Payments of grants to successful applicants will be in one sum on the receipt by Breckland Council of evidence that the applicant has incurred the expenditure.
- Expenditure must be incurred using a debit/credit card or cheque. Payments of grants will not be made towards expenditure incurred using the payment method of cash.
- Grants are dependent on applicants being required to complete a short questionnaire 12 months after the receipt of the grant.
Last updated: 23/09/2021 14:23:47