17/09 - Watton & Swaffham Strengths & Weaknesses Workshops
15th & 16th September saw two more workshops giving local residents, businesses and communities a chance to collectively give their say on the consultant team's research findings and to discuss SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) aspects of the town.
The information and evidence gathered will be used to design a list of themes and projects ready for the final Intervention Workshops.
If you missed the events please find slides below along with a snapshot of some feedback already received from local people:
- The high volumes of traffic make our town centre noisy and polluted. We need more pleasant and pedestrian friendly areas.
- The town needs better leisure and recreational facilities for people of different ages and with different interests.
- We need to do more to attract people driving through our town to stop and spend more time and money in our town centre.
- The new location for the market is good and we could pedestrianise Middle Street to make it more pleasant and friendly.
- We have some really important sport, leisure and community facilities but some of them need some upgrading.
- Our high street has some important shops but investment is needed to improve its appearance and it would be good to have more places to meet and socialise (e.g. cafes / restaurants and public squares).
Do you agree or disagree with this? Tell us by emailing TDPS@breckland.gov.uk
10/09 - Watton & Swaffham Engagement has started!
This week we kicked off engagement with an online Meet the Team event for each town. The event gave local people and interested parties an opportunity to meet the team, hear more about what the project will deliver and explain onwards opportunities for engagement. If you missed the event, view the presentation slides below.
The event also launches an opportunity for you to have your say by filling in a survey:
23/08 - Have Your Say - Draft Dereham Town Delivery Plan
Engagement events have now concluded and the publication of this document for discussion marks a key step in the project.
We believe the proposed plan represents the most effective representation of all the lessons we have learned during our engagement with Dereham's residents, stakeholders and businesses.
However, as the successful delivery of this work will be very much reliant on the strength of partnership behind it, we will now take careful time to listen to feedback and input on the plans in their draft form.
The document will be publicly available for comment for six weeks, up until 30th September and all comments can be sent through to the project team at TDPS@breckland.gov.uk
23/06 - Dereham Intervention Workshop
The intervention workshop was attended by over 40 people on the 17th June. The session involved talking through a long list of potential interventions that have emerged through discussion and engagement to date. Participants then went into breakout rooms and were asked to rank projects by importance and complexity.
Thanks to a such a wide range of different groups attending, the feedback was very helpful and we will help us see what was missing and to shape future projects for the town.
To see the list of interventions discussed, please view the
If you were unable to attend the workshop and would like to provide feedback on the list of interventions, please email us at TDPS@breckland.gov.uk
25/05 - Dereham SWOT Workshops
20th & 21st May saw two more workshops giving local residents, businesses and communities a chance to collectively give their say on the consultant team's research findings and to discuss SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) aspects of the town.
The information and evidence gathered from these workshops, the Meet the Team event, the Walking Workshop and 1:1 local engagement sessions will be used to design a list of themes and projects ready for the final Intervention Workshop.
The Intervention Workshop will be held on 17th June and you are invited to hear about the project ideas that are emerging for Dereham and contribute your views.
17/05 - Dereham Walking Workshop
The Dereham Walking Workshop took place on Thursday 13th of May. The workshop was an opportunity for the consultant team to familiarise themselves with the town, and to hear about key opportunities and issues during the walk.
The workshop was led by We Made That and Hatch, and was attended by 13 participants including council officers and key stakeholder group leaders that were able to share a full and balanced knowledge of the town.
To let us know what you think about Dereham, or to add to any of the learnings above, please fill in the online survey
13/05 - Meet the Team Event Delivered & Have Your Say
On Monday 10th May we had a successful online Meet the Team event with 50 people in attendance. The event kicked off the Dereham engagement for our Future Breckland programme, giving local people and interested parties an opportunity to meet the team, hear more about what the project will deliver and explain onwards opportunities for engagement. If you missed the event, view the.
The event also launches an opportunity for you to have your say by filling in this short survey.
19/04 - Headline Dereham Town Delivery Plan timetable set out
- w/c 19th April - Formal Dereham project launch, with public website and media release, open engagement via comments form and website begins.
- 10th May - Online 'Meet the Team' open forum meeting for any interested stakeholders, including local Members, to hear more about the project and feed in initial ideas.
- 11th May- Town Council and Ward Member briefing session
- Mid May -Walking Workshops and Issues and Options Workshops with small groups from key areas of the Town
- Early June - Interventions Workshop - Detailed workshop based on identified issues and opportunities, to include interested Local Members
- Mid-June - Draft findings published for comment
- End June - Dereham Town Delivery Plan published (will be adjusted as wider project develops, full final set of Plans available early 2022)
Last updated: 23/09/2021 16:57:39