What can I do if access is not granted to me?

If you feel your request has not been complied with you may take further action as follows:

Write back to the Council setting out why you think that the information should have been provided to you.  If you receive a response to which you are not satisfied the following options are available:

1. You may apply to the court alleging a failure to comply with the subject access provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. You may write to the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF