Hand Hygiene Glow Box
Do you want to teach the importance of hand washing and the dangers of cross-contamination in a fun and interactive way?
If 'yes', the Food and Health and Safety Team in Environmental Health can lend you one of our hand hygiene glow boxes.
This picture shows how the use of UV light and special cream (which has been rubbed onto the hands or surfaces) and has been left behind where hands are poorly washed.
The boxes are available for use by
- Nursery Schools
- Childcare Settings
- Primary Schools
- High Schools (science and food tech)
- Care Homes
- Youth Groups
- Community Groups
To borrow the box, please contact us by email.
Terms and Conditions
- Boxes must be ordered in advance
- There is no charge for hire but care must be taken with the equipment
- The box can be delivered and collected from your address if requested well in advance
- You may collect and return the box to the Breckland Council Dereham office, between 9am and 5pm (Monday to Friday) by prior arrangement
- You will receive a box and UV lamp, glitterbug cream and guidance on how to use it
Please note: Real bacteria cannot be seen by the naked eye. This equipment simulates the appearance of bacteria.
Last updated: 03/06/2020 12:13:06