Complaints and Investigations

Health and Safety legislation is enforced in the UK by either the relevant Local Authority or the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), depending on what sector or type of business activity is carried out at a workplace. Breckland Council enforces Health and Safety in the following types of business premises and would be your point of contact, if wanting to bring any health, safety or welfare at work concerns to our attention:

  • offices (except government offices)
  • shops
  • hotels
  • restaurants
  • leisure premises
  • nurseries and playgroups
  • pubs and clubs
  • museums (privately owned)
  • places of worship
  • sheltered accommodation and care homes

You are able to find out if your premises are HSE or LA-enforcedonline.

If the premises are HSE enforced for Health and Safety, you will need to report your concerns directly to them, via the HSE Online Reporting Page..

If the premises are LA-enforced (Breckland Council), information on how to make a complaint is availableonline.

Last updated: 18/06/2020 09:56:37