Who will know about my application?
The council must meet certain publicity requirements before a decision can be made on an application. There are a number of methods that we use to inform people about applications that may affect them.
- A site notice may be displayed near the application site.
- People living near to the application site may be notified by letter of the application.
- In some cases we will also put an advert in the local paper (Eastern Daily Press - usually on a Monday).
- We also inform Parish and Town Councils about applications in their area.
- We may notify other internal and external professional bodies of applications if specialist advice is required.
- Your application will also be published on the Breckland Council website and can be viewed through the Planning Application Search facility.
- Interested parties will have 21 days to make any comments.
For more information on public consultation, please view The consultation process.or view our
Last updated: 07/09/2020 07:53:06