16, 17, 18, 19 & 20 July : Doctor Zeeman's Catastophe Machine - Performance by Martin Figura
The Silver Social offers an exciting programme of daytime arts events aimed at our older residents within Breckland.
Is there a mathematical equation for love & the behaviour of a beating heart? What can be retrieved from life's catastrophes & wounds? Martin turns to Dr Zeeman, the moon & photographs to sort out love, loss & when to let go.
In a witty and tender script developed with support from Ross Sutherland, Figura, as he approaches sixty, comes to terms with his own mortality. On stage the titular catastrophe machine plays an active part in the proceedings, becoming a tool for marriage guidance and the deeply moving humanity of the poems. It is illustrated with visual projections and an atmospheric soundscape from Andre Barreau and Karen Hall the team behind Whistle.
The show blurs the edges of personal memory as he learns to move forwards and how (some) catastrophes eventually turn out for the best. He takes an American road trip with his teenage son and his Down's Syndrome daughter engages in intense relationships with cartoon characters and leaves home for college.
- Monday, July 16 - 14:00-15:30 : Attleborough Methodist Church, 24 Beech Ave, Attleborough NR17 2ET
- Tuesday, July 17 - 14:00-15:30 : Swaffham Assembly Rooms, 13 Market Pl, Swaffham PE37 7AB
- Wednesday, July 18 - 14:00-15:30 : Dereham Meeting Point, Juibee Suite, St Withburga Ln, Dereham NR19 1ED
- Thursday, July 19 - 14:00-15:30 : Gressenhall Museum, Fakenham Road, Gressenhall, Dereham NR20 4DR
- Friday, July 20 - 14:00-15:30 : Ancient House Museum, 27 Whitehart St, Thetford IP24 1AA
"[Martin] Figura was a revelation - funny, sharp & on top form." - Robert McCrum, The Observer
Tickets: £5.00 each which can be booked in advance and paid for on the day.
For more information and to register your interest visit The Silver Social
To book or if you need assistance to attend the event, please call 01362 656870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free local transport is available for those without access to a car or public transport.