Do I need approval for Electrical Work?
The Part P Regulations concerning electrical work apply mainly to dwelling houses and flats, including new circuits serving gardens, outbuildings such as sheds, detached garages and greenhouses. The design and installation of electrical installations associated with these dwellings falls under the Building Regulations.
The rules have been introduced to:
- reduce the number of deaths, injuries and fires caused by faulty electrical installations
- prevent cowboy builders leaving electrical installations in an unsafe condition
If you do not follow the Building Regulations:
- electrical work undertaken may not be safe
- you may have difficulty selling your home if you are not in possession of the correct certificates
- we may insist you put right faulty work
Last updated: 08/09/2020 08:56:25