Work carried out by unregistered electricians

Where work is being carried out by an unregistered electrician on a DIY basis you may need to submit a Part P Building Notice to us. This will incur a charge to cover the cost of employing a competent electrician, who will then carry out the relevant testing and issue a certification to the Council confirming the work was found to be in compliance with Approved Document 'P' of the Building Regulations.


If your project involves the construction of a new bathroom, kitchen or a new dwelling, then most electrical work will need to comply. Please discuss this with your appointed builder or electrical installer at the earliest opportunity to avoid problems at a later stage.

Last updated: 08/09/2020 08:57:35