Designed to help businesses with the cost of adapting their businesses to be Covid-safe. In recognition of the fact many businesses have had to expend significant amounts making adaptions to enable social distancing, or meet enhanced hygiene requirements.
- Grants of up to £3k are available to support businesses with their adaptations and interventions around Covid safety.
- Grants will cover up to 50% of costs incurred by business.
- Grants can cover any eligible costs incurred since 23rd June 2020
To be eligible for the fund, businesses must:
- Employ less than 50 people
- Be based in Breckland
- Primarily operate in the Tourism, Hospitality, Leisure, Cultural, and Visitor Economy sectors
- Have not claimed other specific grant funding to support re-opening activities, including the purchase of PPE, following lockdown (note this scheme will limit grants to one per business)
Through the application process, businesses must also:
- Provide receipted evidence of having purchased relevant items
- Provide evidence for each receipt submitted i.e. bank statement
- Demonstrate no state aid implications of a grant
- Pass Breckland counter fraud checks
What can be funded?
Only items which have been already purchased can be claimed for under the scheme. Items that can be funded through the scheme should fall in to one of the following categories:
Items relating to social distancing, which can include but is not limited to:-
- Shop-specific signage
- Barriers or "one-way" set ups
- Improvised waiting areas
- Interventions to support appropriately spaced outdoor service
Items relating to hygiene requirements, which can include but is not limited to:-
- Hand sanitiser stations
- Point of sale protective screens
- Adaptations for serving food or drink
- Personal Protective Equipment to keep customer-facing staff safe, additional to that which would usually be used
If you require further information or assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org