Council Tax £150 rebate scheme
The government recently announced a Council Tax rebate scheme; this will be a one-off payment for 2022 of £150 to eligible customers.
You can check your eligibility by visiting the Anglia Revenues website.
If you pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit
You should expect to receive the rebate grant around 29 April 2022. Further information about when you should receive your payment can be found by visiting the Anglia Revenues website..
For eligible customers that are not on Direct Debit
If you have completed the secure online claim form by 5 June 2022, the process from claim to payment should take up to 10 working days.
If you do not submit a form by 5 June 2022, or we are unable to verify your bank details during our pre-payment checking process, we will credit the £150 rebate grant directly to your Council Tax account around the middle of June 2022 and a new council tax bill for a lower amount will be issued to you showing this payment and reducing your instalments for the rest of the financial year.
If you would prefer to have your £150 rebate credited to your council tax account you do not need to complete a form as this will happen automatically around the middle of June 2022 for anyone who has not completed a claim form by 5 June 2022.
- This one-off rebate payment will be made outside of the Council Tax system, so it will not be shown on your Council Tax bill, or online Council Tax account record.
- Payments to households will be made regardless of whether £150 exceeds the household's Council Tax liability for the year, or whether the household has any Council Tax arrears.
- The rebate payment applies to eligible householders in property bands A-D. Please contact theVOA (Valuation Office Agency) if you do not believe that your property is banded correctly.
- Empty and second homes are not eligible for the rebate.
- If you wish to make a comment or complaint about how the rebate is being allocated, you cancontact your local MP
Contact us using our General Enquiry form if you have any questions not answered above.
Last updated: 05/06/2022 23:59:02