Digital Breckland Fund
Even before Covid-19, our high streets were being threatened by changes in societal and economic trends in shopping. According to Springboard, footfall fell by more than 80% after all but essential shops closed their doors due to the economic impact of Covid-19 restrictions.
The crisis has accelerated the need for businesses to adapt their digital platforms and systems to respond to the growing needs of online shopping, remote working, and high street collaboration.
Digital Breckland Fund is there to help better equip businesses to carry out changes required in their drive to reach customers that are declining in numbers on the high streets and across the district.
- Grants will cover up to 100% of costs incurred by the business to a maximum of £3,000 to support businesses with their digital improvements.
- Grants can cover any eligible costs incurred since 1st January 2021
To be eligible for the fund, businesses must:
- Employ less than 250 people and turnover must be less than £42.9m
- Be based an independent business in Breckland
Through the application process, businesses must also:
- Provide evidence of having purchased relevant items
- Demonstrate no state aid implications of a grant
- Pass Breckland counter fraud checks
What can be funded?
Items that can be funded through the scheme should fall in to one of the following categories:
- Social Media Development & Advertisement
- Website Development & Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Online Booking Systems
- Electric Point of Sale Systems (EPOS)
- Contactless Payment Systems
- Cyber Security
Laptops, computer systems will not be funded through this scheme
How do I apply?
Applicants will need to provide a completed and signed application form, the link to this online form is below, with accompanied evidence where applicable; for example quotes for intended spend or proof of spend.
This will be reviewed by the Regeneration Team and submitted for approval.
What happens next?
You will receive an acknowledgement that we have received your application form. Your application will be assessed against our criteria and we will carry out checks on business rates and any other payment history where applicable.
Once we receive all the necessary information to process your application, the application and any additional information will be presented and reviewed. You will be informed of the decision. There is no right of appeal.
When will the grant be paid?
Payment will be made after reviewing all documentation, criteria covered, and agreement obtained that this application has been accepted. The grant payment will be made directly into the applicant's bank account via BACS.
If you require further information or assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 27/04/2021 14:11:43