The Project and Thetford
Future Breckland: Thriving People & Places is intended to provide a robust evidence base and compelling shared vision for the future of the district, set in the context of significant projects we can deliver in each of our towns. Done right, this work will put Breckland's towns in pole-position to leverage new external funding whilst also using our shared resources better to deliver transformational change across the district.
It is really important that residents, community members and other stakeholders have the chance to take part and contribute to the work being undertaken, and there will be multiple opportunities to do so.
Engagement activities for Thetford will begin on the 5 February, with the first event at Thetford Market.
Have Your Say - Draft Thetford Town Delivery Plan
Engagement events have now concluded and the publication of this document for discussion marks a key step in the project.
We believe the proposed plan represents the most effective representation of all the lessons we have learned during our engagement with Thetford's residents, stakeholders and businesses.
However, as the successful delivery of this work will be very much reliant on the strength of partnership behind it, we will now take careful time to listen to feedback and input on the plans in their draft form.
The document will be publicly available for comment for six weeks and all comments can be sent through to the project team at TDPS@breckland.gov.uk
Planned Thetford Engagement events
Engagement will be subject to Covid restrictions. Where engagement has to be moved online, we will ensure paper forms are available for those that are not able to engage digitally. Key planned activity includes:
Thursday 17 March - Future Thetford: Your Priorities - project shortlisting workshop - 18:00 to 19:30. As part of the Future Breckland: Thriving People and Places project, this workshop is focused on discussing shortlisted project ideas that are emerging for the Town Delivery Plan. This will be held at The Guildhall, Thetford, IP24 2DS.Sign up here for the event via the Eventbrite page.
Please call 0207 252 3400 if you need assistance with booking a ticket.
- 5 February - 'Meet the Team' at Thetford Market: Come and meet consultants at We Made That and tell them about your town - what you love and where you want to see changes.
- 2 February - Online 'Tell Us About Your Town' Workshop: giving local residents, businesses and communities a chance to collectively give their say on the consultant team's research findings and to discuss priorities for the town. .
Further details on how to sign up for each event will be posted here throughout the engagement process.
Planned Thetford engagement activity
As well as events for people to share ideas and feedback in person, we will also be taking comments and submissions throughout the project including:
- Complete the survey and tell us your views on Thetford
- Feedback will be invited on draft plans and ideas when they have been developed
- Anyone is free to get in touch with the project at email@example.com
- Paper copies of documents will be made available to anyone who cannot easily access them online
The project team will also be meeting individually with key stakeholders to get a better feel for ideas and issues in the Town.
Questions or suggestions?
If you have any comments or suggestions please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 20/06/2022 07:02:10