What can I put in my bins?
Black Recycling Bin
For a problem free rubbish collection please have a look at the information below. Placing the wrong items in your black bin means your bin will be rejected and not collected by refuse crews.
Remember to always keep all your recycling loose in your black bin. Never bag your recycling or it will not be collected.
We will collect extra recycling if left out next to your black bin in a clear plastic bag.
Want to see where your recycling goes? Check out the virtual tour of the Materials Recycling Facility
YES PLEASE TO:
|Junk mail||Pots||Jars (including lids)||Aluminium cans|
|Cardboard boxes||Trays||Foil trays|
|Cardboard egg boxes|
NO THANKS TO:
- Plastic bags
- Cling film
- Tissues or kitchen roll
- Dirty or greasy paper
- Crisp packets
- Soft plastics
- Clothes & textiles
MAKE SURE IT'S CLEAN, DRY AND DON'T BAG IT
Putting the right stuff in the right bin is important. The wrong stuff is called contamination and when contaminated loads of recycling are found, it can potentially result in the whole lorry full being sent for disposable instead of recycling.
Further details about contamination and recycling can be found on the Recycle for Norfolk webpage by clicking on the link below
- Rubbish in your green bin should be bagged
- Only the contents of your green bin will be collected. We do not collect waste placed beside the bin
What CAN'T go in my Green Household Rubbish Bin?
- DIY Waste, which includes wooden items
- Garden Waste
- Hot Ashes
- Liquid Paint, chemicals or oils
- Business Waste
Do's and Don'ts for a problem free bin collection
- Do place the appropriate bin out for collection by 7am on the day of collection.
- Do place your bin at the edge of your property boundary or your agreed collection point ready for the collection.
- Do check yourMy Breckland to make sure you place the correct bin out on the correct week
- Don't overfill your bin. Rubbish must be securely placed in the bin for collection.
- Don't put the wrong bin out for collection on the wrong week. We will not be able to return and empty it.
- Don't place garden waste in either your green or black bin. Your bin will not be emptied
If you have followed the advice above and still experience a missed collection then pleasereport it to us within 48 hours of your collection day.
Last updated: 11/02/2019 11:47:43