What can I put in my Green Bin?
Green Refuse Bin
What CAN go in my Green Household Rubbish Bin?
- Rubbish in your green bin should be bagged
- Only the contents of your green bin will be collected.
We do not collect waste placed beside the bin
What CAN'T go in my Green Household Rubbish Bin?
- DIY Waste, which includes wooden items
- Garden Waste
- Hot Ashes
- Liquid Paint, chemicals or oils
- Business Waste
Do's and Don'ts for a problem free bin collection
- Do place the appropriate bin out for collection by 7am on the day of collection.
- Do place your bin at the edge of your property boundary or your agreed collection point ready for the collection.
- Do check yourMy Breckland to make sure you place the correct bin out on the correct week
- Don't overfill your bin. Rubbish must be securely placed in the bin for collection.
- Don't put the wrong bin out for collection on the wrong week. We will not be able to return and empty it.
- Don't place garden waste in either your green or black bin. Your bin will not be emptied
If you have followed the advice above and still experience a missed collection then pleasereport it to us within 48 hours of your collection day.
Putting the right stuff in the right bin is important. The wrong stuff is called contamination and when contaminated loads of recycling are found, it can potentially result in the whole lorry full being sent for disposable instead of recycling.
For information on what you can and can't put in your Black recyclable waste bin see our pageWhat can I put in my Black Bin?
Last updated: 09/06/2020 15:38:54