Guidance for Fly-tip evidence gathering procedure
- If you wish to check a fly-tip for evidence, ensure that you have considered your own safety.
- If evidence is visible upon early inspection, please take 2 images of the fly-tip from different angles, demonstrating the surrounding area (e.g. a road, woodland, car park etc) and the size of the fly-tip.
- Include close-up images of any items that may be significant such as cardboard packaging with addresses and packaging with reference numbers etc.
- If small documents, photos, or any other items are found amongst waste then please take a photo of these while they are still amongst the waste.
- If possible, place any evidence within a container or bag and avoid touching by hand and keep it safe in a dry location.
- Report the incident as fly-tipping or litteringusing our Report it page with as much detail as possible and include the images within the report.
Last updated: 10/05/2021 08:39:18