Brownfield Land Register
The Government is committed to maximising the number of new homes built on suitable brownfield land and has set out its intention to ensure that 90 per cent of suitable brownfield sites have planning permission for housing by 2020.
The Housing and Planning Act, 2016 makes provision for local authorities to prepare, maintain and publish a register of brownfield land. The register should identify previously developed sites in the district that we have assessed as being suitable for housing.
The Brownfield Register can be downloaded and viewed here:(Last Modified: 23 February 2018)
* If the land is entered in Part 2 of the Brownfield Land Register it will be granted permission in principle, which establishes the suitability, in principle, of land for housing-led development.
Information regarding all the sites will be updated in the following PDF document following each stage (i.e. Planning Committee, consultation etc.):
The following sites have been subject to a 42 consultation for consideration to be placed on Part 2 of the register:
- BLR_03: 'The Necton Diner, Necton' (Planning Reference: BLR/2017/0001/PIP) - Undecided
- BLR_04: 'Former VA Infant School, Necton' (Planning Reference: BLR/2017/0002/PIP) - Placed on Part 2 of the register
- BLR_20: 'The Old Maltings, Norwich Road, Dereham' (Planning Reference: BLR/2017/0003/PIP) - Placed on Part 2 of the register
- BLR_21: 'Hamilton Acorn Ltd. Halford Road, Attleborough' (Planning Reference: BLR/2017/0004/PIP) - Placed on Part 2 of the register
Last updated: 23/07/2020 11:35:06