Unlicensed Family Entertainment Centres

Family Entertainment Centres (FECs) will perhaps be most commonly located at seaside resorts, in airports and at motorway service centres, and will cater for families, including unaccompanied children and young persons.  Unlicensed FECs will be able to offer only category D machines in reliance on a gaming machine permit.  Any number of category D machines can be made available with such a permit (subject to non-gambling considerations, such as fire regulations and health and safety, which will not be issues for the Licensing Authority under the Gambling Act).  Permits cannot be issued to vessels or vehicles.

Icon for pdf Application for an Unlicensed FEC Permit [72.71KB]

Icon for pdf Gaming Machine Permit code of practice [53.21KB]

Gambling Act Fees

Last updated: 03/12/2019 12:20:48