The Council issues premises licences for casinos, betting offices, race tracks, bingo clubs, adult gaming centres (over 18s only) and family entertainment centres (which have machines that children can use).

The Council also issues permits for gaming machines in members' clubs and licensed premises, gaming in members' clubs, prize gaming and unlicensed family entertainment centres and registers small society lotteries.

Licensing Authorities will undertake inspections and enforce the conditions on issued licenses, permits and notices.

TheGambling Commission shares with local Licensing Authorities the responsibility for granting gaming and betting permissions.  You will need to contact them for information on operating and personal licence requirements. 

Notice - The licensing committee met on the 21st July 2021 and agreed to the draft Gambling Act policy going out to public consultation. The consultation period is 6 weeks from the 26th July 2021 to the 5th September 2021. To view the draft Gambling Act policy please visit the Gambling Act consultation page.

Last updated: 27/07/2021 11:40:24