Register of Interests
The Monitoring Officer is also responsible for maintaining the register for Town/Parish Councils, which also has to be open for inspection at the District Council offices, on the District Council's website and where the Town/Parish Council has a website, provide the Town/Parish Council with the information required to enable the Town/Parish Council to put the current register on its own website. The Localism Act extends the requirement for registration to cover not just the member's own interests, but also those of the member's spouse or civil partner, or someone living with the member in a similar capacity.
Important Notes -
- In order to comply with the Regulations a Member or Co-opted Member must register their disclosable pecuniary interests (DPI's) and interests other than pecuniary interests with the District Council's Monitoring Officer within 28 days of the date of their election, re-election or co-option and also once a member becomes aware that they have an interest.
- Failure to declare a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest is an offence. A member who is found guilty of an offence under Part 1, Chapter 7, Section 34 of the Localism Act 2011 is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale and a court may by order disqualify a member for a period not exceeding five years from being or becoming (by election or otherwise) a member or co-opted member of any authority.
- If you cease to have an interest that you have previously registered, please re-submit an updated notification form to the Monitoring Officer.
- If in doubt about whether or not something should be declared, you are urged to err on the side of openness and avoid the risk of not registering something in error.
- If you are a member of any other authority, please complete a separate notification form for each.
- You may complete this form electronically but you must personally sign and return a paper copy of the completed form.
- Once completed this form will be published to the Council's website in accordance with the Localism Act 2011.
- If you have any difficulty completing any part of this form please contact your Town or Parish Clerk for advice.
Register of Interest Forms
This guidance has been issued by the Department for Communities and Local Government, and aims to provide further clarity on the changes to standards and the declaration of interests.
Last updated: 01/09/2020 08:11:59