Renew a Vehicle Licence
You will receive notification from us approximately one month prior to the expiry of your licence. We must receive the completed renewal application form and all documentation before your current licence expires. If you fail to meet the renewal deadline you will be required to make a new application for a vehicle licence.
In order to renew your vehicle licence we require the following documents:
- Valid insurance certificate covering the vehicle for use as a Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Vehicle.
- Vehicle Registration Document (V5).
- Current MOT (if the vehicle is over 12 months old).
- Valid Mechanical Test (this can only be completed at one of our ). Please note for vehicles over eight years old the Mechanical Test must be conducted every six months, vehicles under eight years old must pass an annual test.
- Completed application form.
- Completed Statutory Declaration form.
- Fee of £215.00 for a Hackney Carriage Vehicle or £165.00 for a Private Hire Vehicle. When completing our online form a card payment is required. We accept most major debit cards and credit cards.
If you don't wish to apply online you can complete and submit theHackney Carriage, Private Hire or Executive vehicle licence renewal application form and above documents by email or post and we will contact you to arrange payment.
Please contact the Licensing Team if you have any questions with the application form
Last updated: 01/02/2023 14:41:13