High hedge complaints

Residents can make formal complaints about their neighbour's hedge, underPart 8 of the Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003 (opens new window). The council can only intervene once you have tried, and exhausted, all avenues for resolving your hedge dispute.

Please be aware that there is a fee of £385 for Breckland Council to investigate a high hedge complaint.

Please  complete our high hedge complaint form (PDF) [84KB] (opens new window)  if you wish to make a complaint.

Further information concerning high hedge complaints

Last updated: 02/05/2023 12:00:48