Make a food complaint
Our typical first response time for general enquiries is within five working days.
Read our guide to food complaints
Food hygiene complaint
Complete our online form if you have any food hygiene-related concerns.
Information you will require to complete the online form:
- Your name and contact details (address, mobile, email) and the best time/preferred method for you to be contacted.
- Name and address of the food business.
- Details of what food hygiene issues are giving rise to concern.
- Date and time (if relevant) when any of the concerns were noted and if any unhygienic practices are still ongoing. If the concerns only happen on a certain day of the week or time of day, this information should be provided too.
- The name of anyone that the hygiene concerns have already been reported to at the food business, if applicable.
Food item complaint
If you want to bring to our attention a food complaint, to assist with any subsequent investigation, we would need as much information as possible.
You canmake a complaint online or telephone 01362 656870, especially if you still have any of the food left and it is perishable.
Information to include in your web form or mention when you call would include:
- If you have any of the food left and, if so, whether you would be willing to voluntarily surrender the food to Breckland Council.
- If you still have the original packaging and a purchase receipt.
- If you could bring the food item to Breckland Council's offices in Dereham (Elizabeth House, Walpole Loke, Dereham, Norfolk, NR19 1EE) and provide an officer with a brief food history at the same time when handing over the food to the council. We would try to arrange a convenient time with you. This is the type of information for which we would ask:
- Where it was purchased from (trading name and address).
- Who purchased it and how (such as self-service retail, restaurant/seated dining, or takeaway meal).
- Date/time of purchase.
- Storage/temperature history of the food following purchase.
- Label description and the 'use by' or 'best before' date.
- The details of any subsequent illness or injury following consumption (with date/time of consumption, date/time of onset of symptoms and the name/address of any affected individuals).
- Details of any subsequent contact you have had with the food retailer.
Last updated: 13/04/2022 11:50:24