Make a food complaint
Our typical first response time for general enquiries is within five working days.
Food hygiene complaint
Information you will require to complete the online form:
- Your name and contact details (address, mobile, email) and the best time/preferred method for you to be contacted.
- Name and address of the food business.
- Details of what food hygiene issues are giving rise to concern.
- Date and time (if relevant) when any of the concerns were noted and if any unhygienic practices are still ongoing. If the concerns only happen on a certain day of the week or time of day, this information should be provided too.
- The name of anyone that the hygiene concerns have already been reported to at the food business, if applicable.
Food item complaint
If you want to bring to our attention a food complaint, to assist with any subsequent investigation, we would need as much information as possible.
Information to include in your web form or mention when you call would include:
- If you have any of the food left and, if so, whether you would be willing to voluntarily surrender the food to Breckland Council.
- If you still have the original packaging and a purchase receipt.
- If you could bring the food item to Breckland Council's offices in Dereham (Elizabeth House, Walpole Loke, Dereham, Norfolk, NR19 1EE) and provide an officer with a brief food history at the same time when handing over the food to the council. We would try to arrange a convenient time with you. This is the type of information for which we would ask:
- Where it was purchased from (trading name and address).
- Who purchased it and how (such as self-service retail, restaurant/seated dining, or takeaway meal).
- Date/time of purchase.
- Storage/temperature history of the food following purchase.
- Label description and the 'use by' or 'best before' date.
- The details of any subsequent illness or injury following consumption (with date/time of consumption, date/time of onset of symptoms and the name/address of any affected individuals).
- Details of any subsequent contact you have had with the food retailer.
Last updated: 13/04/2022 11:50:24