Complaints and investigations

Health and safety legislation is enforced in the UK by either the relevant local authority (LA) or the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), depending on what sector or type of business activity is carried out at a workplace. Breckland Council would be your point of contact for enforcing health and safety in the following areas:

  • Offices (except government offices)
  • Shops
  • Hotels
  • Restaurants
  • Leisure premises
  • Nurseries and playgroups
  • Pubs and clubs
  • Museums (privately owned)
  • Places of worship
  • Sheltered accommodation and care homes

Find out online if your premises are HSE or LA-enforced (opens new window).

If the premises are HSE enforced for health and safety, you will need toreport your concerns directly to them (opens new window).

If the premises are LA-enforced (Breckland Council), you canreport a health and safety issue using our online form.

Last updated: 28/01/2022 16:41:33