Is it an abandoned vehicle?
A vehicle may be abandoned if:
- It has not been moved for 28 days or more.
- It is in a poor state of repair (for example, it has flat tyres).
- It has been vandalised.
- It has no vehicle index plates, or the index plates do not match thevehicle description
- It has no tax or MOT - check if a vehicle is taxed and has an MOT .
What should I do and how should I report it?
If you know who the vehicle owner is, please try to communicate your concerns with them. If the vehicle owner is known, then the vehicle will not likely be deemed as abandoned.
If you think a vehicle has been abandoned, report it to us. We will investigate and then remove it if appropriate.
To do this you will need to provide a photograph of vehicle and tell us:
- The vehicle registration number.
- The make, model and colour of the car.
- The road name and location of the vehicle.
If you are unable to provide us with this information we will not be able to take this report any further
We will ask you some questions to help us decide if the vehicle is abandoned.
We will not investigate if the vehicle is not deemed abandoned.
Last updated: 11/08/2023 07:04:11