We have alcoholic prizes - are there any other licence requirements to consider?

Not from a lottery perspective. Obviously alcoholic prizes cannot be given to under 18s, but you would need to check with your local authority for any further requirements.

As long as your prizes are in sealed containers a TEN (Temporary Event Notice) would not be required, however you may need a TEN for other attractions at your event or if your event itself is considered 'regulated entertainment'. If someone who appears to be under 18 wins an alcoholic prize, checks should be made to verify their age and it is good practice to withhold the prize until it can be given to someone of 18 or over.

How to apply for a TEN

Last updated: 17/06/2020 14:34:26