Car Boot Sales

If you wish to organise a car boot sale you will need to contact the owner of the land you are planning to use.

If it is Breckland Council owned land, such as a car park, you will need to email our Facilities team (

If you have any stalls that will be selling alcohol then a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) will be required What is a Temporary Event Notice?

If you have any traders selling food such as jams, cakes or food vans the stallholder or food van will need to be food registered with their local authority.  Food registration for Breckland Council is dealt with by the Food, Health & Safety Team. What paperwork do I need?

Trading Standards operate a voluntary monitoring scheme called 'Market Fair' which aims to promote responsible running of markets and car boot sales. Details of the Norfolk Trading Standards Market Fair scheme can be found on their website. (opens new window)

Last updated: 04/05/2022 11:38:17