Street Collections

Is a permit always required?

Inside supermarkets and shops are classed as private places and a permit will not be required.

You will need to contact the supermarket in order to get permission to collect.  For collections outside of the store, including car parks, a permit will be required.

What areas can I collect in?

The permit allows you to collect in the centre of the requested town.  For any collections in the Dereham Town centre shopping area of Wright Walk and Chapel Walk you will need permission from the shopping centre, they can be contacted on 07913 267 5741.

If you would like to have a charity stall in Dereham, Swaffham or Watton you will need permission from the relevant Town Clerk. The locations for these are:

Dereham Town (opens new window) : Nelson Shopping Precinct

Swaffham Town (opens new window) : Outside the Assembly Rooms

Watton Town (opens new window) : Adjacent to the town sign

How can I apply for a permit?

If you would like to apply for a permit please complete ouronline application formPlease note: There is a restriction on the number of collections we would allow in one town on any day. 

On receipt of your completed application form we will issue your permit. If there is a problem with your application we will contact you.

Once you have finished your collection you are required to insert a statement in the local newspaper to confirm the details of your collection.

Last updated: 11/06/2020 10:45:28