Meanwhile Enterprise Grant Scheme
What does Meanwhile mean?
Meanwhile is a term describing a space such as an empty shop unit, a building, like a vacant department store or a place that is awaiting redevelopment and the term describes how the space could be used whilst it is empty.
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we want to hear from you!
About the grant
Through the Meanwhile Enterprise Grant Scheme, Breckland Council are offering business support and financial incentives, up to £10,000 to businesses who are looking to occupy empty commercial premises in our district.
The grant will cover rent, utilities and set up costs for new and expanding businesses who move into empty units in and around our market towns.
The Meanwhile Enterprise Grant Scheme has already assisted many local entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in our region, including a cake shop in Thetford, a hairdressers in Dereham and a craft shop in Swaffham.
- A business owner looking to move into their first static commercial premises
- An existing business looking to move into a large commercial premises
- An existing business looking to open an additional location
- The premises must be within Breckland
In this context, a commercial premises is any retail unit or shop window fronted premises
The grant is able to cover the following set up costs:
- Utilities (gas, electricity, water and broadband)
- Marketing and promotional activity
- Capital expenditure
The grant will NOT cover the following:
- Industrial units and office buildings
- Structural or decorative changes to the premises E.g. New doors and windows, security shutters, flooring and painting
- Professional services E.g. Trades people, decorators
How to apply
To submit an application, you will need to submit the following information:
- Signed lease
- Financial breakdown of associated costs i.e. rental costs, utility costs, capital expenditure and how much funding you will be putting in to the venture
- Business Plan
- 2 year Financial Forecast
If you need assistance with compiling the above documents please visit ourBusiness toolkit for templates and information
Please do not submit an application until you have secured a premises for your business. If you require assistance to find the right location for you, get in touch - FAO Amelia Knapp to email@example.com
Please note, an application form cannot be processed until all documents have been submitted.
Once you have compiled the documents and information set out above, use the button below to submit an online application form.
Last updated: 29/01/2024 15:29:19