Property Renames and Address Changes
Renaming or changing an existing property address either residential or commercial needs to be done through the Street Naming and Numbering team by completing the online application form. A fee is applicable.
If you have an existing property address that you wish to change by:
- Altering or adding a property name.
- Removing your property name.
- Adding a property number.
You are able to do this by completing the appropriate online application form.
Please be aware that:
- The fee is per address to be changed and is non-refundable.
- Payment is accepted by debit card, and will be asked for at end of completion of our online form
- We do not charge for changes to Charity Organisations.
- You should choose your property name carefully (see Property Name Choice rules).
- The new property name as submitted will be used if your application is approved.
- We strongly recommend you give three completely different choices of property name.
- If possible a map should be included that clearly marks the property to be changed.
- Existing property numbers will not be removed from your address.
- All property names & numbers must be displayed and be visible from the street.
A payment is required when submitting the online application form.See our list of charges.
Online Application Forms
- Change of Residential Property Name - online application
- Change of Commercial Property Name - online application
Further information and guidance notes
Last updated: 21/02/2024 11:15:54