Neighbourhood planning gives the opportunity for local people to be involved in shaping their future area where they live and work, through participation in the preparation stages of a Neighbourhood Plan. This can range from voting in the referendum on the plan, making comments on it when it is published for consultation or being involved with the production of the Neighbourhood Plan.
This document forms part of the 'development plan' for an area and Breckland Council produce a 'Local Plan' which is the other strategic part of the 'development plan' for the area. Together they act as the main guide for making decisions about planning applications and are used in planning appeals.
These pages outline the plan preparation stages that involve some form of public statutory engagement such as consultation on a document, an examination on the plan or a local public referendum on whether to accept a plan.
Current Neighbourhood Plan Activity
Previous Neighbourhood Plan Activity in 2021
- Referendum on Saham Toney Neighbourhood Plan
- Consultation on New Buckenham Neighbourhood Plan (Reg.16)
- Saham Toney: Examination on the Neighbourhood Plan
Previous Neighbourhood Plan Activity in 2020
- Saham Toney Neighbourhood Plan (Reg.16)
- Consultation on Saham Toney Neighbourhood Plan (3rd Reg.14)
- Consultation on New Buckenham Neighbourhood Plan (Reg.14)
Previous Neighbourhood Plan Activity in 2019
- Referendum for Swanton Morley
- Decision on final 2nd Swanton Morley's Examiners Report
- Consultation on Saham Toney Neighbourhood Plan (2nd Reg.14)
- Referendum for the Swaffham Neighbourhood Plan
- Swaffham Neighbourhood Plan Examination
- Additional Modification Consultation on the Swanton Morley Neighbourhood Plan
- Decision on Swanton Morley Examiners Report
- Referendum for the Croxton, Brettenham & Kilverstone Neighbourhood Plan
- Consultation on Swaffham Neighbourhood Plan (Reg16)
This page will be updated to include formal Neighbourhood Plan consultations by Parish, Town and Breckland Councils and the subsequent statutory plan production stages until the plan is 'made' (approved).
Unable to find what you were looking for or have a general enquiry? Please contact us via our online form.
Last updated: 29/11/2021 14:24:13