Building Control


General information about building control and the services we provide.

Types of application

Information about the different types of applications and how to submit them.

Building Control Charges

Information about the charges for building regulation applications.

Frequently Asked Questions

Handy Q & A to assist you with building control issues

Drainage - Anglian Water Maps

Information about Anglian Water drainage systems.


A person intending to demolish a building or part of a building to which Section 80 of the Building Act 1984 applies must give notice to the Local Authority of that intention

Partnering applications

Information about partner applications with other districts.

Unauthorised building works

Pursuit and resolution of unauthorised building works

Assessment Procedures

Standard Assessment Procedures and Energy Performance Calculations

Access Audits

The completion of an Access Audit by a suitably qualified person will assist service providers to meet their obligations under the Act.

Dangerous Structures

Information about reporting and rectifying dangerous structures.

Fire Risk Assessments

A responsible person must carry out and regularly review a fire risk assessment of the premises. This section identifies what needs doing to prevent fire and keep people safe.


Details of how to book a building control inspection.

Last updated: 20/08/2021 16:43:21