Housing advice and information
Contact the Housing team
Our Housing Solutions Team will be dealing will all housing queries, whether you require Housing Advice or information on our Housing Register.
They will be managing cases from start to finish, so you will have your own individual case officer that will help you find the best solution for your circumstances.
How do I contact you?
We ask that you call us on 01362 656870, we will require the following information:
- Name of person requiring Housing help
- Their National Insurance Number
- Their Date of Birth
Alternatively, you cancomplete our online Housing contact form.
What will happen next?
- We will offer you advice on housing-related matters, based on your personal circumstances.
- If your situation is not an emergency the Housing Solutions officer will book an appointment to see you, face-to-face, in one of our council offices.
- They will inform you of the date, time and location of your appointment and will provide you with a full list of documents required at your meeting.
What will happen at my appointment?
- The Housing officer will check your documents and discuss and outline your most appropriate housing options.
- Your Housing officer will work with you to find the most suitable outcome for your circumstances.
- We have a high demand for social properties, and they are in short supply, so being added to the Housing Register isn't always the best solution.
Where can I find information about benefits?
- Visit the Anglia Revenues Partnership website for further information about Housing and Council Tax Benefits.
- For other benefits, such as Universal Credit, Jobseekers Allowance, Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance and Incapacity Benefit, contact your local Job Centre.
- To make an enquiry about pension credit, please call 0845 6060265.
- To make a claim for Pension Credit, please telephone 0800 99 1234 ormake a Pension Credit claim online at GOV.UK .
Last updated: 27/09/2022 07:23:14